A physician can be anywhere you are, thanks to SummitCares.net, Summit Healthcare’s new telehealth service.
IT’S 11 P.M. You can’t sleep because your throat is raw and your entire body aches. You think you have the flu and can’t bear the thought of waiting until the morning to see your provider. Fortunately, you don’t have to. You can log into SummitCares.net via the nearest smartphone, tablet, or computer.
Conditions SummitCares.net Physicians Treat
SummitCares.net allows you to see a family medicine or emergency medicine physician on screen within minutes for a variety of minor illnesses, including:
- pink eye
- skin rash
- sore throat
Each visit costs $49, and best of all, you can access SummitCares.net around the clock, every day of the year, no matter where you are.
“Telehealth programs like SummitCares.net are going to play a big role in the future of healthcare,” says Kristi Iannucci, MBA, Telehealth and Lean Improvement Specialist at Summit Healthcare. “It’s convenient and typically more cost-effective for patients, and it allows them to get the care they need at home or wherever they’re most comfortable.”
How It Works
Using SummitCares.net is simple. Just follow these steps:
- Create an account online at SummitCares.net or through its corresponding app, available for Android and Apple devices.
- Log in, request a visit with a physician, and provide a reason for the visit, such as your symptoms.
- Fill in your medical history, if you didn’t do so when you created your account.
- Select a pharmacy, in case the physician prescribes a medication.
- Enter your payment information. You can pay for SummitCares.net visits with your health savings or flexible spending account.
- Click “Go,” and wait for the physician to appear on screen.
“Once the physician arrives, the SummitCares.net experience is pretty similar to a typical office appointment,” Kristi says. “He or she asks the patient questions about symptoms and overall health, and looks at any photos the patient may have uploaded. The physician then determines a plan of care, which may involve a prescription, and provides a note of excuse for work or school, if needed.”
After the call, you’ll receive an email notification that you can view records of the appointment through SummitCares.net—and you can start concentrating on getting better.
Create a SummitCares.net account online or download the app from Google Play or the App Store.