Summit Healthcare is among the nation’s leaders in high quality, high value healthcare. And now we are working with Mayo Clinic. Sharing expertise to help you stay healthy and close to home.
This clinical collaboration – unique to the White Mountains – will provide Summit Healthcare’s outstanding physicians with direct access to the world-renowned expertise of Mayo Clinic. It will ensure that our patients, even those with the most challenging medical diagnoses, will receive the highest standard of care – close to home, at no additional cost.
Together, Summit Healthcare and Mayo Clinic are building a healthier community, a community that starts with a healthier you.
Summit Healthcare Regional Medical Center is proud to be a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. This clinical collaboration – unique in the White Mountains of Arizona – gives Summit Healthcare physicians direct access to the expertise of Mayo Clinic to assist with challenging medical cases.
For Patients, This Means
Your Summit Healthcare physician now has access to Mayo Clinic’s expertise, knowledge, and in-depth research.
Your Summit Healthcare physician can consult directly with Mayo Clinic specialists.
You will continue to see your trusted Summit Healthcare physicians and benefit from the collaboration with Mayo Clinic at no additional cost to you.
Summit Healthcare – The regional leader in quality, satisfaction and value continues to grow.
As a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, Summit Healthcare will work with Mayo Clinic to share medical knowledge and clinical expertise to enhance patient care.
On behalf of our patients, Summit Healthcare physicians will have access to vital Mayo Clinic services and information, including:
- eConsults: An electronic consultation service that connects physicians directly with Mayo Clinic specialists when they feel additional input will benefit the patient.
- AskMayoExpert: An online tool initially developed by Mayo for its physicians to provide a concise resource at the point of care. AME offers disease management, care guidelines, treatment recommendations, and reference materials for a wide variety of medical conditions.
- Health Care Consulting: Summit Healthcare has direct access to clinical protocols used by Mayo Clinic. These protocols include Mayo Clinic’s knowledge of best clinical and operational practices.
- eTumor Boards: Live video conference of Mayo Clinic eTumor boards to promote educational and informal discussion on the management of complex cancer cases with a Mayo multidisciplinary panel and other providers within the network.
- Patient Education: Mayo’s library of patient education for use with Summit Healthcare patients. The material includes 2,500 pieces written to a 7th grade reading level with a percentage also in Spanish.
- Mayo Clinic Grand Rounds: Presentations by Mayo Clinic physicians and scientists in a variety of specialties are archived and available for provider viewing and earning CME credit.