What is our Laboratory?
The Department of Laboratory Services provides stat and routine clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services for hospital inpatients and outpatients, clinic and other non-hospital patients.
Laboratory services are available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. The latest technologies, including molecular testing are used to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of our patients.
- Clinical laboratory services, including routine and stat specimen collection, blood banking, chemistry, coagulation testing, endocrinology, hematology, immunology, microbiology, molecular diagnostics, mycobacteriology, mycology, parasitology, serology, therapeutic drug monitoring/ toxicology and urinalysis.
- Anatomic pathology service, including interpretation and diagnoses on surgical and other specimens submitted for pathologist review, cytology, Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH), flow cytometry interpretations, histology, immunohistochemistry, fine needle aspirations. Additionally, Frozen Section service is available to support procedures performed at Summit Healthcare.
- Other Laboratory Services
- Management and oversight of our extensive Point of Care Testing (POCT) Program
- Outpatients are drawn at the hospital and Summit Healthcare clinics throughout the Whites Mountains and eastern Arizona.
- Blood/Components Available from Transfusion Services
- Leukoreduced Red Blood Cells
- Fresh Frozen Plasma, thawed
- Platelets, apheresis, leukocyte reduced
- Washed and/or deglycerolyzed Red Blood Cells
- Cryo-poor plasma, pooled
- Rh Immune Globulin
Professional Care provided by our team of board-certified pathologists in anatomic, clinical and hematopathology and our American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) certified Clinical Laboratory Scientists.
2200 E Show Low Lake Road
Summit Healthcare High Desert
100 E Code Talkers Dr Holbrook, AZ
Summit Healthcare Family Medicine – Snowflake-Taylor
1121 S Main Street