Therapy Services at Summit Healthcare
The goal of the Summit Therapy Services team is to maximize an individual’s ability to regain functional independence in daily living activities and functional mobility in the home, work, and community while maintaining physical, physiological and emotional health. Summit Healthcare’s therapy team will help people learn new skills or adapt to a permanent loss so they can do the day-to-day tasks that occupy their time.
Summit’s occupational therapists work in the hospital to treat patients who are in an acute care setting. The therapists assist the patient’s medical care team by facilitating early mobilization, restoring function, preventing further decline, and coordinating care, including transition and discharge planning. Summit’s occupational therapists provide a comprehensive outpatient program that compliments the current outpatient physical therapy program.
The types of services that will be offered at Summit Healthcare Rehabilitation Services are:
Occupational Therapy Services
Occupational therapy is a health and rehabilitation process that can help people of any age. From children with disabilities to seniors, to people recovering from a physical impairment. Through the use of daily activities and a plan set up with Occupational Therapists, this type of therapy has been very effective for patients. Specific goals are made at the initial phases of therapy and then through evaluations, the individual’s progress is observed.
At Summit Healthcare, occupational therapy is personalized and focuses on a holistic view of an individual where many factors influence the success of the program.
Occupational therapy includes:
- Personalized evaluations with the family/client of the individual
- Create an outcomes evaluation to know if goals are being met
Therapy Services for Children
Summit Healthcare offers a complete spectrum of physical, occupational and speech therapy services for children. These are especially helpful for children ages newborn to teen with motor disabilities. Therapy services help children recover from serious injuries or overcome certain aspects of long-term disabilities. Since children are being treated, parents are very involved in the therapy process. From teachers, therapists to physicians, your child will care for appropriate therapy treatments to ensure their success.
- Physical therapy focuses on functional mobility and gross motor skills like sitting, walking or standing.
- Occupational therapy focuses on visual-motor or fine motor processing skills like dressing, grooming or eating.
- Speech-language therapy focuses on language and speech communication for difficulty with speaking or swallowing.
- Therapy Services for Children Our highly skilled and experienced therapists are dedicated to provide the best possible treatment for children with special needs