Obstetrics and Gynecology
Summit Healthcare Regional Medical Center is proud to offer new moms an environment which embraces the needs of the entire family. Baby may stay with you in your room from birth to discharge. Educational programs, services and resources enhance the health and well-being of you and your family.
- Tours available by appointment
- Childbirth classes are offered each month at Summit Healthcare. Topics include labor and delivery, relaxation and breathing, breastfeeding, infant care and more. No charge for classes. Call Sue Robertson at 928.242.0468 for more information, or Summit Healthcare at (928) 537-6554 to register.
- Breast Feeding Class-Presented by a Lactation Educator. This is appropriate for all mothers-to-be and their support persons. Information is provided on how the breast functions, the advantages of breast-feeding and how to avoid difficulties.
- “Super Sibling” classes are offered to children ages 2-8. The whole family is invited to this special class, which helps prepare children for the arrival of a new baby.
- Baby pictures will be taken and moms will receive an order form should she wish to order pictures.
- Birth Certificates-Worksheets are provided to you during your stay by the Vital Statistic Clerk. In order to receive a copy for your records, you must submit an application to the State of Arizona. This requires a fee and a copy of your driver’s license. If you choose to have a social security number issued to your baby, it will be mailed in a few months by the Social Security Administration. Paternity Affidavit is also available. The Vital Statistics Clerk can be contacted at 928.537.6362.
- The OB department has lactation services available to our patients and also provides outpatient lactation consults. Please contact labor and delivery at extension 928.537.6355 if you need to reach the lactation consultant.
The OB Department is Certified by the Arizona Perinatal Trust.
Every mother and baby in Arizona should have the highest quality of prenatal, intrapartum, perinatal, neonatal and follow-up care. Arizona Perinatal Trust is a private-public partnership among hospitals and health care professionals throughout Arizona, committed to this goal by supporting an effective regionalized system that promotes access to high quality of care whether delivered in community settings or regional referral centers.