Occupational Health Department At Summit Healthcare
Summit Healthcare offers a full continuum of occupational health services. The Occupational Health Department offers a wide range of physicals to meet your organization’s needs. Learn more about occupational health services at Summit Healthcare below.
What Is Occupational Health?
- Providing support for the management of illness or injury absence
- Conducting pre-employment health assessments
- Providing non-health-related counseling to employees as needed
- Making recommendations that assist an employee in better work practices
How Is Occupational Health Provided?
Types of Occupational Health Services
We provide a variety of occupational health services, including pre-employment physicals and routine wellness screenings. Occupational health is provided with employee consent, keeping in mind that most people have a general health provider from which they obtain care.
While an occupational health provider may stay within a smaller scope of care, such as performing drug screening or basic physicals, this professional may also suggest additional resources for expedited evaluation and treatment of certain conditions.
After conducted the necessary assessment or treatment, the occupational health provider may also prepare a report to be reviewed by the employee and ultimately sent to the employer. Reports are intended to maintain adequate records and, in some cases, address a specific reason for referral as clearly as possible in order to assist with the resolution of a particular workplace situation such as frequent absence.
Occupational Health Services We Offer
Services at Summit Healthcare include:
- Occupation Physicals
- Commercial Drivers Physicals on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, call for an appointment
- Respirator Physicals and testing
- Drug Screening: Federal and Non-Federal for Employers and the Public
- Biohazard Testing and Management
- Adult immunizations including MMR, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis A, Tetanus/Diphtheria, Typhoid, Seasonal Flu, Pneumonia, and TB Skin Tests
- Blood Titer testing for Chickenpox, Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Lead levels
- Wellness Screenings, including Complete Blood Count, Complete Metabolic Profile, Iron, Kidney Profile, Blood Sugar, Thyroid Study, Lipid Panel (Cholesterol, Triglycerides, HDL, LDL) and PSA. The wellness screen also consists of simple EKG and PFT (Pulmonary Function Test), hearing screen and a vision screen.
- Breath Alcohol testing
When To Seek Occupational Medicine Services
The range of occupational health services available today can help organizations in several ways. An employer may obtain pre-employment services for a proposed employee, provide general wellness services to employees, such as routine vaccinations, and receive assistance from an occupational health specialist in resolving work-related illnesses.
Seeking occupational health services is beneficial to answer a variety of questions regarding an employee’s ability to perform to a given standard. Some of the questions that may be answered through an occupational health evaluation include:
- Is an employee medically capable of working in a given role?
- Might an employee benefit from adjustments in their work environment?
- Is an employee properly supported in their health?
- Is an employee’s role or work environment causing or exacerbating an illness?
- Is an employee’s ability to perform tasks affected by medication they are taking?
Many of our services can be obtained on a walk-in basis. Employee physicals should be scheduled in advance. An employer may not be responsible for every aspect of their employees’ health. They do, however, have a duty to ensure employees are fit for their given roles. This duty also includes general employee health and safety and the assurance that work conditions are not likely to cause occupational illness.
Office hours are from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday.
For more information on the services offered by Summit Healthcare’s Occupational Health Department, contact Health and Wellness Coordinator, at 928.537.6949.