The Pharmacy Department at Summit Healthcare Regional Medical Center
What is our Pharmacy Department?
Summit Healthcare’s Pharmacy Department is dedicated to the responsible procurement, management, and use of medications throughout the hospital network. The Pharmacy provides distributive and clinical pharmacy services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for inpatient care. The department is responsible for processing, delivering, and monitoring drug therapy on all patients.
The department is composed of:
- Approximately 11 Pharmacists and 13 technicians
- Clinical Services are provided throughout the hospital. These clinical services include pharmacokinetic dosing and monitoring, nutrition support service, renal monitoring, therapeutic substitutions, patient education, hospital rounds, and drug information consults. Other services include obtaining and updating patient home medication lists and medication use audits throughout the hospital. In addition, the department leads the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, the Antimicrobial Stewardship Committee, and represents the hospital on Navajo County’s Rx Awareness Initiative meetings.
- Management consists of the pharmacy director, operations supervisor, and clinical coordinator. Support staff includes clinical pharmacists, the pharmacy buyer, and pharmacy technicians. Other important staff roles include Pharmacy Department Liaisons, Department Superusers, and the Omnicell lead technician.
- The Pharmacy Department also includes the satellite pharmacy at the Summit Healthcare Cancer Center. Our Oncology Pharmacists have specialized training regarding the proper storage, preparation, administration, and monitoring of chemotherapeutic medications. The Oncology Pharmacy is open Monday through Friday from 7 am to 3:30 pm for inpatient care.
To learn more about our Pharmacy Department, call us at 928.537.4375 for more information.
Summit Healthcare Outpatient Pharmacy
What is Meds-to-Beds?
Meds-to-Beds is a service at Summit Healthcare to enhance our patient’s discharge experience. Having our patient’s health in mind, this Pharmacy Program will eliminate the need for a stop at a Pharmacy to pick up your prescription on your way home. Your prescriptions will be processed and you will receive a pharmacy consultation and education on your medications to achieve health treatment goals.
- One less step for family mmbers or care
- Allows the patient to concentrate on recovery
- Increased ptient compliance and adherence to drug regimen
- The Summit Healthcare Pharmacy can work with physicians on medications not covered by your insurance?
- Individualized medication counseling
- Eliminates the need for stopping at a pharmacy while feeling ill
- Reduces wait time
- Added privacy
Patients have the right to choose any pharmacy for their prescription needs. Meds-to-Beds provides a convenient service to both the patient and their family. The patient is able to travel uninterrupted to their home to continue the healing process in a familiar environment
Frequently Asked Questions
Can my prescription cost be added to my hospital bill?
Prescriptions filled by the Meds-to-Beds program are considered an outpatient pharmacy service and cannot be added to your inpatient bill. We are able to collect your copay when prescriptions are processed
Do you accept my prescription insurance plan?
We accept a majority of prescription insurance plans and directly bill your prescription to your insurance carrier. You are responsible for any copays required by your insurance carrier when the prescriptions are processed.
What types of payments do you accept for prescriptions?
The Meds-to-Beds program accepts debit cards, credit cards, HSA, FSA and personal checks.
What if I forget to bring my prescription insurance card to the hospital?
Summit Healthcare Pharmacy will be glad to call your current pharmacy and retrieve your insurance information.
How will I be notified when my prescriptions are ready?
Once your prescription is filled during business hours, a pharmacy staff member will deliver it to your bedside and a pharmacist will counsel you on the medication.
How do I request to have my discharge prescriptions filled here?
Let your nurse or doctor know you would like Summit Healthcare Pharmacy to fill your prescriptions. We will take care of the rest.