Summit Healthcare Regional Medical Center restrict visitors as COVID-19/Coronavirus precaution
Resources from the CDC
- Share the Facts
- Symptoms of COVID-19
- What to do if you are sick with COVID-19
- COVID-19 and you
- Stop the Spread of Germs
Summit Healthcare – COVID 19 News
03-25-2020 Update for Visitors to Summit Healthcare during COVID-19/Coronavirus
Our patients, providers and staff are our number one priority. These restrictions are to prevent the spread of respiratory illness, including COVID-19 and the flu.
As mentioned earlier this week Summit Healthcare is no longer allowing visitors on Summit Healthcare Campus, which includes the Main Hospital, Outpatient Pavilion, Outpatient Surgery Center, Snowflake Medical Center, Summit Healthcare Family Medicine clinics located in Snowflake Taylor, Bison, St. Johns, Eagar, Show Low, Podiatry, Behavioral Wellness Clinic, Pinetop-Lakeside and Holbrook. There are four exceptions to the visitor restriction:
- Pediatric patients (under the age of 18) may have one adult visitor with them per day.
- Laboring mothers may have one support person with them per day.
- Special needs patients, including dementia or visually/hearing impaired patients may have one support person with them per day.
- Surgical patients may have one support person day of surgery.
Summit Healthcare Regional Medical Center is changing its visitor hours to 6am-6pm daily. Summit has a few exceptions as it pertains to laboring and pediatric patients. As mentioned in the exceptions above, there is to be only one support person per day visiting the patient. Repeated entry and exit is discouraged for the safety of the patient and support person during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Effective March 25, 2020, Summit Healthcare Administrative Services Building will be closed to visitors. If you need any of the following:
- Hospital medical records, please call 928-537-6326 during regular business hours Monday –Friday 8am-5pm.
- If you would like to pay your bill or make arrangements to pay your bill please call 928-537-6911 during regular business hours Monday – Friday 8am-4:30pm, please leave a message and someone will return your call within 48 hours. You can also pay your bill online at summithealthcare.net and click on Pay Bill Online.
Summit Healthcare is screening staff, providers, patients and visitors to prevent anyone exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms from being in patient areas. The screening takes a few minutes and includes questions and temperature check. For those who are concerned they may have come into contact with COVID-19 and are having respiratory issues such as trouble breathing or have a fever greater than 100.4 please come in to Summit Healthcare’s Emergency Department.