Volunteers are a valuable asset to Summit Healthcare. They are considered very special people who give the ultimate gifts of their time and compassion. The assistance they provide enhances the quality of care we are able to offer patients, families and visitors to our medical center. The diversity of our volunteers makes us stronger and better able to serve the healthcare needs of the community.
Our minimum commitment is four hours a week for six months. However, we give priority to candidates who make a longer commitment.
Here’s how volunteers can help:
- Comfort Cart
- Clerical Support
- Pet Therapy
- Emergency Department
- Summit Marketplace / Gift Shop
- Around the Corner Café and Sweet Shop
- Inter-office mail delivery
- Information Desk
- Material Management
- Outpatient Pavilion
- Cancer Center
- Human Resources
- Outpatient Services
- Surgery Waiting Room Desk
- Chaplain Services
- IV Therapy
- Cancer Center / Oncology
- Environmental Services
- Outpatient Surgery Center
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Summit Healthcare Regional Medical Center. By choosing to be a volunteer you will provide crucial support that is vital to our hospital and the well being of our patients. The information below will help you through the application process.
- Application screening
- Background check
- Informational interview with the Volunteer Services Manager or coordinator to determine your interests, training and availability
- Participation in an orientation where confidentiality, dress code, tour of the hospital and safety information are reviewed.
- ID Badge and necessary health screenings
- Placement based preferences and schedule. Every effort is made to provide you with a rewarding volunteer experience.
For an application to be a volunteer at Summit Healthcare call 928-537-6527 or email Chrissy Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. This process can take up to three weeks.