Summit Healthcare Diabetes Self-Management Training Program
Consists of five fun and interactive classes that are two-hours in length. Enrollment to the class requires a referral. There is a charge for this class, but is covered by most insurances. For information or to register for the program call 928.537.6984.
- Diabetes Myths and Big Fat Lies
- Blood Sugar Monitoring: A Tool of Discovery
- Food Isn’t a 4-Letter Word, But D-I-E-T is!
- Finding the Right Diabetes Machine
- Exercise for Fun and Fitness
- Feelings and Diabetes
- Staying Healthy as a Whole
Classes are offered for Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes, and Gestational Diabetes in the Outpatient Nutrition and Diabetes building in the East Campus. A provider referral and an appointment are required. Days and times are varied in order to accommodate as many schedules as possible. Call 928.537.6984 for more information.
Our program is recognized by the American Diabetes Association.
Related Links & Handouts:
- What is Diabetes?
- Diabetes What to Know
- Staying on Track
- Diabetes Alert Card
- Type 2 Diabetes Changes
- Smartphone Apps
- Building A Balanced Meal
- Daily Meal Plan
- Reading a Nutrition Facts Label
- Carbohydrate Guide
- Carbohydrate Counting
- Low Blood Sugar
- Inject Insulin Syringe
- Proper Insulin Injection Technique
- Sick Days
- Know Your Lab Values
- Glucose Meter How To
- Know Your Numbers