Wish your baby came with a user's manual?
Do you wonder, how do I cope with crying, feeling sad or overwhelmed, starting solids, tantrums, toilet training, teaching my baby, and where to go for food and housing?
Healthy Steps for Young Children is a service provided to you and your family at no charge. An expert in child development, behavior, early learning, parenting, and even breastfeeding is available to come to your home or to meet with you at our office. We can provide you with information based on years and years of research on babies. This information will help you decide what is right for you and your child. It will also help you understand the needs of your young child.
We will support your success and help you feel more confident as a parent.
Healthy Steps is available to all parents
Dr. T. Berry Brazelton, “America’s Pediatrician” and creator of the Newborn Behavioral Observation (NBO) received a distinguished honor at the White House, the 2012 Presidential Citizens Medal, the nation’s second-highest civilian honor. Summit’s Healthy Steps Specialists use the NBO as a tool to promote relationship building between newborns and their families.
- To learn more, Click Here
- To listen to an interview with DeAnn Davies, Click Here
You Choose the Service(s) Right for You:
- Lactation Consulting/Education
- Support to parents
- Home visits
- Visits in our office
- Visits with your child’s doctor during check-up appointments
- A Child Development Information Phone Line
- Developmental playgroups
- Information about what your baby knows and what your baby can learn
- Developmental screening to see what your baby is ready to learn next
- Information about food, shelter and other family needs
- Assistance when your child needs a referral into other services