With most things in life, balance is key. This includes a work/life balance, as well as a balanced diet. The doctors of Summit Healthcare Regional Medical Center understand the importance of a well-balanced diet that provides individuals with the nutrients, vitamins, and minerals their body needs to stay healthy and strong. Eating a more nutritious diet can also ward off a variety of health complications and diseases.
Below are just a few of the more common advantages of following a nutritional diet each and every day:
- Body weight control. When you follow a proper diet with nutrient-dense foods, you are more likely to maintain a better body weight that is healthy for your height and build. This means reducing the intake of sugary snacks and beverages and increasing the consumption of lean proteins, fruits, and vegetables with high nutritional value.
- Fighting disease. A diet that is high in fat and sugars can put patients at risk for a wide range of diseases and conditions, including diabetes. Patients with deficiencies in certain vitamins and minerals may also be at risk of problems.
- Maintaining better energy levels. When you eat right, your body feels great, and the impact on your energy will be noticeable. Patients should lower the intake of unhealthy fats that can make them feel sluggish and focus on healthy fats in foods such as nuts and fish.
- Maintaining better sleep. Our bodies need sleep to recover the body and replenish the brain after a day of activity. Rejuvenating the body starts with a good night’s sleep, which can also be impacted by our diet.
- Improving brain power and function. Our brains help us every day to accomplish tasks at home and at work. When we don’t feet our brain with the right foods, we are putting ourselves at risk for a variety of mental disorders such as anxiety and depression. By incorporating Omega 3 fatty acids, we can improve memory and concentration while feeding a highly-functioning brain!
Work with a medical provider to develop a well-balanced diet for better health and wellness
The team at Summit Healthcare Regional Medical Center helps patients achieve good overall health and wellness with nutritional education. If you are interested in learning more about ways to improve your diet, call our main line at (928) 537-4375 today!