When patients have experienced a diagnosis of cardiac or pulmonary disorders or diseases, their doctor may recommend cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation. Rehabilitation is a very important part of a patient’s health and recovery. Research continues to show that rehabilitation improves the overall outcome for a patient who has been diagnosed with a condition that impacts their heart or lungs.
What conditions exist that may result in a recommendation for rehabilitation services?
Heart and lung issues can greatly impact a patient’s quality of life. Individuals who have been diagnosed with any of the following conditions may be referred to Summit Healthcare to learn about cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation services:
- Myocardial infarction
- Heart bypass
- Heart attack
- Stent insertion
- Valve surgery
- Lung transplant
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Cystic fibrosis
What can be achieved with cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation?
At Summit Healthcare, we want Show Low, AZ area patients to have access to recovery and rehabilitation services to help them feel their best and properly manage their conditions. Below are a few common expectations and solutions derived from a rehabilitation program:
- Assistance with stopping smoking
- Ways to cope with emotions and feelings related to their condition
- Help understand the medications prescribed
- Assistance in becoming physically stronger
- Help recognize and manage stress levels
- Assistance with understanding one’s disease and treatment options
- Improve breathing techniques
- Reduce the risk of further health problems
- Assistance in losing weight for better overall health
- Referral for any additional diagnostic testing or services
What individuals may be part of my rehabilitation?
A patient’s cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation team may include any of the following professionals:
- Dietitians and nutritionists
- Registered nurses
- Physical therapist
- Occupational therapist
We can help guide patients to the professionals they need to heal, recovery, and manage their conditions with a circle of medical professionals here to assist!
Contact Summit Healthcare today
Call (928) 537-4375 to schedule an appointment with our practice to learn more about cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation services. Our team encourages patients to seek out rehabilitation options to help them better understand and manage their condition. Summit Healthcare has four convenient locations throughout the area of Show Low, Arizona.