Thanks to generous donations from the community, the Summit Healthcare Foundation helps northeastern Arizonans access the advanced medical services they need.
Evidence of how much our friends and neighbors value the services Summit Healthcare provides is visible across our campus. Over the years, thanks to our supporters’ gifts, the Summit Healthcare Foundation has funded a variety of equipment and projects at Summit Healthcare, including:
- a serenity garden for patients and visitors
- cribs for the Level II nursery
- special carts with items to keep children entertained while they wait in the Emergency Department (ED)
- the Summit Healthcare Cancer Center
- wheelchairs for the ED
Each month, the foundation’s nine-member board of directors meets to consider requests of assistance from various departments at Summit Healthcare. Fulfilling those requests does much more than improve the health system—it also safeguards the health of our communities.
“Northeastern Arizonans depend on Summit Healthcare to be there for them every day,” says Carole “Nellie” Owens, Foundation Board Vice President. “The foundation helps make that possible, but we couldn’t do it without the support of community members who recognize the importance of local healthcare.”
How to Show Your Support
The foundation offers donors a variety of ways to show how much they value compassionate, close-to-home medical services. They can:
- establish a charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder trust
- make a financial donation
- make a charitable bequest in a will or living trust
- recognize an outstanding Summit Healthcare caregiver with a gift to the Grateful Patient Program
Donors can also attend events that help raise money for the foundation’s unrestricted fund, which the board uses to assist hospital departments with purchases of equipment and other improvements. This fall, the foundation will host the following events:
- Sept. 21—Crawtober Fest, the foundation’s first-ever crawdad festival, at the Mountain Meadow Recreation Complex in Pinetop-Lakeside
- Oct. 4—Golf the Summit, the foundation’s annual golf tournament, at Torreon Golf Club in Show Low
“Everyone needs medical care,” says Mary Anne Lanner, Foundation Board Member. “When you give to the foundation, you invest in care not only for you, but also for your parents, children, and grandchildren.”
Learn more about how you can support the Summit Healthcare Foundation.