When the coronavirus pandemic hit the United States, it dramatically changed many aspects of our lives. This includes the way in which patients can receive medical care. Many providers switched to telemedicine, allowing patients to be seen for routine appointments via telephone or video chat. Thanks to continued advances in technology, this has made it easier than ever for patients to receive medical care without having to leave their home. At Summit Healthcare Regional Medical Center, we continue to provide telemedicine to our patients who may be uneasy about leaving their home or unable to do so.
What is telemedicine?
Many appointments that once required face-to-face visits can be done with telemedicine. Telemedicine allows patients to visit with a professional without having to leave their home or office. Appointments are done using the telephone or computer video chat, during which the patient can speak with their doctor about their medical needs. While appointments that require diagnostic testing may not be performed in this manner, other routine visits can be. Telemedicine is growing in popularity especially since the COVID-19 pandemic.
What are the advantages of telemedicine?
There are many benefits to telemedicine that our patients desire. Telemedicine:
- Improves the access patients have to their healthcare providers, especially when they are distant from the office locations
- Is cost effective, and reduces the cost of healthcare while improving efficiency
- Improves the quality of health care services patients receive, increasing patient satisfaction and the efficiency of these visits
- Is in great patient demand, especially when patients do not have access to appropriate transportation to make it to physical doctor appointments
- Is fast and simple, saving time and eliminating travel and wait time seen with traditional doctor visits
Discuss the advantages of telemedicine with the team at Summit Healthcare Regional Medical Center today
Following the coronavirus pandemic, many doctors are now offering telemedicine. At Summit Healthcare Regional Medical Center, we encourage patients to ask about this option to make it easier for them to attend appointments and improve their access to healthcare solutions. Call the main line at (928) 537-4375 to schedule a telemedicine appointment with our team!